Honors Given to Coastal Credit Union and Teachers Credit Union Executives, Among Others
RALEIGH, N.C. – July 06, 2022 –– Constellation Digital Partners, LLC is pleased to share the winners of the Gravity AwardsTM from its annual LAUNCH conference, held in Durham from June 20-23 this year. LAUNCH brings credit unions and fintechs together to advance digital transformation initiatives within the organization’s open-development platform.
A highlight of the conference is the recognition of instrumental partners during the organization’s Gravity Awards ceremony. This year, Chuck Purvis, CEO of Coastal Credit Union, and Jennifer Sebring, Sr. Product Manager at Teachers Credit Union, were among those awarded for their outstanding contributions.
The Gravity Awards are designated as special acknowledgements of individuals and organizations that have made the greatest contributions and/or impact to advancing the Constellation ecosystem. To win a Gravity Award, one must first be nominated by peers, then the winners are selected by Constellation executives.
The 2022 Gravity Award winners are:
- Horizon Award: Chuck Purvis, Coastal Credit Union
- This award recognizes an individual who has contributed to Constellation’s success over several years.
- Galactic Impact Award: Jennifer Sebring, Teachers Credit Union
- This honor recognizes an individual in the Constellation eco-system that made unparalleled contributions and efforts through leadership, hard work, and support.
- Trailblazer Award: FinGoal
- Recognizing fearlessness, this award is given to an individual or company that has been the driving force behind innovation in the Constellation ecosystem.
- Star of the Year: Ben Caretti, Constellation
- This honor is designated for a Constellation employee who plays a significant role in the development and betterment of the Constellation ecosystem.
- Credit Union of the Year: Teachers Credit Union
- This award recognizes the leadership and contributions made by a credit union over the last year.
- Tile of the Year: Ciphertext Solutions
- This honor is given to a partner that has created the most innovative or impactful Certified service on the Constellation platform.
Another main event during LAUNCH is the Hack-a-Thon. Developers teamed up to bring ideas to life in under 48 hours. For the first time ever, developers were armed with the source code for Constellation’s Banking Services and during the conference itself created brand new innovative services that seamlessly integrated into Constellation’s digital banking services offerings. Winners were acknowledged with the following Gravity Awards:
- Best in Show: Evan Hopper (TCU), Justin Thompson (Meritrust), Ron Lau (CFCU), Tajai Jones (Coastal), Sydney Wait (Constellation)
- Orbit Award: Alfonzo Avila (Nusenda), Christopher Brown (WalletFi), Yun Qin (TCU), Conner Leigh (Constellation)
- Lift-Off Award: Andrea Nicholson (Coastal), Phil Kadzielawski (Coastal), Thomas Stratton (Georgia’s Own), David Billups (Constellation)
“We all felt the incredible energy at LAUNCH this year,” said Kris Kovacs, Constellation President and CEO. “Within just two and half days together, our investors and partners envisioned, built, and demonstrated new features on our platform. We’re so excited to continue expanding on the number of credit unions that will launch – and commit to launch – on the Constellation platform this year.”
About Constellation Digital Partners
Constellation Digital Partners is the first and only organization to provide a cloud-based, open development platform dedicated to credit unions and community banks. The company launched a modern online and mobile banking product, complete with robust, built-in capabilities like accounts aggregation and identity multi-factor authentication. Additionally, they also developed a solution for financial institutions of any size, to have access to more than 150+ fintechs. Now credit unions and community banks can launch scalable, next-generation digital innovations. Constellation’s platform ensures security and integration with popular core systems, and their ecosystem empowers and support best-fit fintech partnerships. Visit www.constellation.coop to learn the latest innovations. Connect with Constellation on Twitter, Instagram (@ConstellationDP), Facebook and LinkedIn.