Constellation Digital Partners Online Privacy Statement
Constellation Digital Partners, LLC (“Constellation,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, and disclose personal information through our website, https://www.constellation.coop and any other websites we operate that link to this Privacy Statement (the “Websites”). By visiting and interacting with our Websites, you acknowledge that we may collect, process, disclose, and transfer the personal information we collect about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to information Constellation collects, receives, or accesses in connection with:
- applications and services that credit unions make available to their members and other users through the Constellation digital banking platform; or
- services that we provide to credit unions and third-party development partners in connection with our operation of the Constellation digital banking platform.
In those contexts, we act as a service provider to the credit unions and third-party development partners with whom we work, and any information that we collect, receive, or access on their behalf is governed by our agreements with them. If you are a member of a credit union that uses the Constellation digital banking platform, or you use applications and services delivered through the platform, and you have questions about the handling of your personal information, please contact the credit union or relevant third-party development partner directly.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We generally collect or receive information from or about you in two ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as by submitting it through a “Contact us” form on the Websites; and (2) when we collect it automatically when you visit and use the Websites, such as through cookies. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
Information that You Give Us
Constellation collects personal information (i.e., information from which you can be identified) when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you email us or submit it through a “Contact us” form on the Websites. The types of personal information Constellation may collect from you through this method include the following:
- Your first and last name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide us through the Websites or when you otherwise contact us; and
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job title and company, when you communicate with us on behalf of a company or other organization.
Additionally, if you apply for a job through the “Careers” page on our Websites, we will collect information necessary to evaluate and contact you about your application, which may include your contact details, your resume/CV, employment history, job preferences, educational background, achievements, career trajectory and interests, immigration status and entitlement to work; as well as information for diversity monitoring, such as your gender, race, disability or veteran status.
Information that We Collect Automatically
Constellation also collects some information automatically when you visit the Websites. The types of information Constellation may collect through this method include:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address and other information that can be used to recognize you and your device, including cookies and information about your device such as your browser type and version;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including the pages on our site that you visit and other information about your interactions with our site;
- Inferences drawn from your activity on our Websites and information that you give us, to create a profile that reflects your interests and preferences; and
- The general geographic location associated with your IP address.
Our Websites may also download cookies to your device, including from our third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and processes your information, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. These third-party providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications when you use our Websites.
At this time, our Websites do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, however most browsers will allow you to choose which cookies can be placed on your computer, and to delete or disable cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features on the Websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Constellation may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make the Websites available to you and facilitate your use of the Websites;
- to respond to your inquiries, and provide information that you request;
- to personalize your Websites experience and to deliver content relevant to your interests;
- to develop and promote our business and our relationship with you or the business you represent, including by communicating with you and any organization that you represent via email about our services;
- to operate, administer and improve our Websites and other aspects of our operations;
- to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity on our Websites, and to prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- to protect our business from fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, theft of proprietary materials and other financial or business crimes;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including to respond to law enforcement requests and to bring and defend legal claims;
- for administrative and managerial purposes, such as to improve our products and services, informational materials, and business practices;
- for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, products, and services;
- if you apply for a job through the Websites, to review and process your application and assess your suitability for employment at Constellation, communicate with you in the course of the application process, and to create and submit reports as required by applicable laws or regulations; and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our customers and/or Websites users is among the assets transferred.
How We Share Your Personal Information
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may share personal information about you:
- with our credit union subscribers and third-party development partners;
- with service providers who perform services on our behalf;
- with any person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them, as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction; or
- when required by law or necessary to protect our legal interests, with competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counterparties.
Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may include links to other websites. The providers of these websites may collect information about you when you visit them. Constellation does not control the personal information processing practices of these providers—you should consult their posted privacy notices.
You may review and request changes to certain personal information we collect about you through the Websites. To do so please contact us in writing, as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information. Please send them to:
Constellation Digital Partners, LLC
Attn: Compliance Manager
5565 Centerview Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27606
Changes To This Privacy Statement
If there are updates or changes to this Privacy Statement we will post those changes here and update the Last Revised Date below so that you will always know what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Your continued use of our Websites following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement means you acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review those changes.
Effective Date: March 27, 2020
Last Revised Date: March 27, 2020